For all these things in themselves may be changed, or change for thee...
Well here we are at the new blog. I'm keeping my Lady Slings the Booze one for it's historical value, but I can honestly say I'm not that person anymore. I'm older, wiser, and can spot the lies that lead to some of my more charming decisions better.
I love my life. It's not perfect, but it's s pretty good life. I have good friends and a good family who are also not perfect. I am not always going to be pleased with their choices nor them mine. However I will support them as best I can.
Why the new blog, you ask? Well those of you who know me know that recently I had about four months of hard reflection and hard choices due to an injury. I have skated or rollerbladed most of my adult life, and while training for joining the derby team I broke my ankle pretty severely and dislocated my elbow on the way down. People assume it was because I'm 40 and not capable anymore and are not particularily shy about saying it. The reality of the situation is I'm 40 and too heavy. I was doing great that practice up until the final stop. I'm positive that the weight was a major contributor and as of today have began a serious effort to lose the weight. Two friends have recently come close to completing their weight loss goals and so I am going to follow their leads. Tomorrow I will ask my physiotherapist to okay my plans and hopefully will be allowed to begin training .
I invite you all along for the ride, and hopefully I will change the things that need changing with your encouragement.
Labels: injury, lifestyle, Weight loss


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home